Saturday, June 11, 2011

Training Day!

Today was a 6 miler.  See, last week, the jump from 4 to 5 miles was not particularly horrendous.  So I figured... not a problem.  Not big deal.  6 miles?  Ppssshhh.

Ok, let's review how I went into these 6 miles.  *Very little running during the week.  *3 glasses of alcohol the previous night.  *Lots of food eaten last night.  *Lots of food I rarely eat eaten last night.  *Dancing for a couple of hours at the Go Go's concert on a sloped hill.

Now let's discuss the end of these 6 miles.

TIRED.  SORE.  HOLY SHIZA THAT'S A LOT OF MILES AND I'M ADDING 20 MORE?!  AM I NUTS?!

Yes.  That sums that up.  This all being said... I still haven't gotten the "runner's high", but the sense of accomplishment at the end... wow.  Just... wow.  It may not be a lot of mileage to some people, but it is to me and I'm doing it.  I'm the one making this happen.  I'm the one using positive thoughts to push me through.

And then there was my new group.  Singing for the last three miles.  How they ran and sing... well... I have NO clue, but they did.  It cracked me up.

And now for your entertainment...
 Air and Space Museum.  Also... note the weather.  The only thing we won't run in is lightening.
 See that big white thing far off in the distance?  We have to run all the way to that.  After already running 2.25 miles...
 MADE IT!  Oh man... now we gotta run BACK.
 Note the insanely red, insanely shiny face.  Also note the pb&j sammies.  Please also note that pb&j has NEVER tasted so good.
LOOK HOW SKINNY I AM!  Ok, not skinny by society's standards, but ppppssshhh, who needs those?  ;).  This running thing may have something to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment