Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Goodies

I got a new toy and a new support system!  Woohoo!!!

New toy first.  What is it you ask???  A new camera!!!
 Isn't it just so cute?!  It is soooooooooooo tiny and lightweight.  I wanted something that wasn't too top-of-the-line as I don't want to cry and berate myself if I drop it, but also something useful for running around - whether it be training or hanging with the pals.  As I'm trying to document the bulk of this journey as I go, I needed something a bit more accessible than my massive blackberry that costs an arm and a leg and I would sob if I dropped and broke it.  So this really is just the perfect little bugger for me.

And next up... what else did I get???  A book!!!  Shocker of the century I know.  I was thinking about the foods I would need to be eating in the coming months and realizing that I really have absolutely no idea how I should be nourishing my body as I go.  So clearly, I needed some help.  I am not going to be able to afford a nutritionist and the amount of time it would take me to do all online research (read: free) would be ridiculous, as I would have to vet all of the sources.  A book became my choice.
Amazon.com reader reviews highly rate this book, i.e. people like to bash things when they can, so when they take time to write something nice, I pay attention.  So this came in the mail today too and...

I'm about 10 pages in and Clark makes sense to me.  She writes in a way that I understand and explains why she suggests the foods she does.  I'm not going to get obsessive about reading tonight as I have class soon and I want to go step by step.  So first, I'm going to change up my nutrition for this upcoming week and then read the book over the weekend, seeing what I need to do from there and how I need to be nourishing my body pre-long runs.  Any which way, so far I'm liking it.  I'll give a more comprehensive review as I actually try out the plan and see how it helps with the energy.

I continue to take this seriously and with great verve.  I'm excited and nervous and know that the next few months are going to be amazing, even if they kick my booty from here to next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment