Friday, January 6, 2012

Fitter, Not Fatter Challenge Details

There's a new challenge in town!

18 Weeks

Every week there will be a set of questions to answer. You can answer them in a blog or in a personal notebook. This is entirely up to you. I do recommend letting people know your weekly plans though. Follow through is key here. This is not about how much you lose, but how much you gain. Gain in the ability to complete a task knowing that you put your all into it. Gain the knowledge that you can work hard and live healthy (if you aren’t already) for 18 weeks – so why not more?! Gain friendships and hopefully a deeper understanding of your own goals and why you’re on this journey.

This particular challenge is not going to ask you to run like a maniac or bang out 100 push-ups in one sitting. If you choose to do those things, fantastic! But it won’t be asked of you. What this challenge will be about will be figuring out what you need from your healthy life and how to get it, all while being consistent in living that life. I know not everyone needs this kind of help, but it’s what I need and figure if you want to join me on this particular journey, rock on. If you don’t and just want to check out and check in how I’m doing, that’s fantastic too. If you want to join in late, go for it. I realized through my last challenge, I’m fully capable of somehow being consistent, so why haven’t I been with my health? Well, let’s find out! I don’t know the answer and I hope to by the end of this.

I was asked why this challenge is so long. And the answer is purely selfish. Because I need it to be. I apparently don’t do small streaks. I’m terrible at waking up each day and saying, “I’m going to do 10 minutes of exercise today” if it isn’t already scheduled. I live for planning, but I think I’ve always made it too short or too hard or too easy. I’ve never managed to find the balance. So I want to use this 18 weeks as an exploration. What works? What doesn’t? What did I do each week that was great? What REALLY did not go well? These lessons take time and I believe that I don’t listen to the lessons well enough, nor do I connect them. So I’m going to use this as a means by which to essentially connect the dots. I was going to do 12 weeks, but I don’t have anything to work for in 12 weeks. I like having a destination so to speak. So my destination is my own graduation.

Do I have a clue how EXACTLY the next 18 weeks are going to play out? NOPE! Am I going to put a lot of thought and heart into it, so not only I get something out of it? YUP! It may not always make a ton of sense, but this is my first time at this kind of rodeo, so, you know, go with the flow. I’m working off of the YEARS of health and fitness and motivational articles I’ve read and kind of piecemealing them all together to make one big party of fun. Plus, whatever I think I need to ask myself and answer, which means you’ll get asked it too!

So yeah, a little nutty, a little off the rocker, but I think it’ll be fun. At the very least a journey. One showing me, myself, and I that I am capable of treating my health with the same kind of consistency I treat my blogging. I never said I was normal…

Here’s how it’s going to roll. Every Friday I’ll post some questions. I’ll put the questions up front, my answers down below, so if you do decide to join in, you don’t have to listen to my jibber jabber if you don’t want to listen. It’s really that “simple”. It’s up to you how much thought you want to put into it and doing it by the next Thursday, if you join in the party.

I think that about covers it. Feel free to message me if you have questions or suggestions. Both will be read and answered!!!

P.s. if you decide to actually commit to the 18 weeks, spark message me! I may or may not make this into a legit deal if anybody actually wants to do be as insane as me...

P.p.s. I'll update the page soon... I swear...

No comments:

Post a Comment