Saturday, October 22, 2011

H-E-Double Hockey Sticks Week

Perfect week never happened. Why I always insist on setting up impossible goals for myself and overloading myself is beyond me. That being said, this week has been complete insanity.

But! One - there is light at the end of the tunnel. More on that in a bit. Two - this is about the time during my last Masters program that I gained about 12 pounds in a month. I have lost and gained a little, I.e. Stayed consistent. At the end of the day, NO gain. Frankly, I'm pleased. This is a freaking miracle, considering I haven't worked out in a week and a half and I've eaten out more than I should.

So here's been my week...

At the September board meeting for the DC Cal Alum (I sit on the exec board as secretary), I was told I head up the annual newsletter. Rock on. Let's just say, today was to be final review day, not a single page has been created. Yup. That insane. I have designers, but I was told only yesterday they have not been working together, hence nothing has been done. I flipped a lid on a few people yesterday, including our president. This is just not the time to be messing with me.

Then there's that huge project I have to complete. I have straight A's, but if I don't pass this project, I don't graduate. So that's been driving me insane. It's due on Friday. So yesterday was crunch day. And guess what? Rough draft is done!!! I have little pieces to fix, but it will be submitted on Wednesday. I want todo it early just in case there's a technical glitch or something.

I was told Wednesday by my guiding teacher to lesson plan the next four weeks. Uuuhhh! What!? For those of you teachers, you get this. Plus on top of the last two items I just mentioned? So we all know what I'll be doing today and tomorrow!

Plus, of course, teaching now and school. I might have had a paper due yesterday. I'm not entirely sure. I emailed the professor, but haven't heard back. I have clearly not yet turned in this paper or even started it.

I had a Cal event on Tuesday. I met the chancellor! At an event at night in the Capitol! How often does someone get to say that?! But that also means I lost an entire night of work. On the bright side, I looked super cute and good. I'll post some pics when I can. Today is a newsletter meeting. If diva designer gives me lip again, I'm kicking some royal booty.

Then, hang out with two sparkers, lesson planning, workout, then... I'm taking a few hours and going to go see my beloved Bears hopefully kick some Utes butt. Are we sensing I'm a proud alum? Hahahaha.

More later. Time to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment