Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Background on Me

I am beginning my journey to a healthier me, while hoping to inspire many others to join in my journey and take inspiration from what I accomplish as I go.

I was never a particularly thin child, always having a few extra pounds, that blossomed into a lot of extra pounds when puberty hit at 9 years old.  By the time I hit 8th grade, I weighed over 180 pounds.

I swam varsity in high school, eventually getting my weight down to about 155.  Healthy, right?  Wrong.  My stomach was doing something funkified and I was constantly sick, i.e. my basis for my lowest weight ever is jacked.

College did the usual, working in the corporate world did the usual, ending up with me at a solid 220 pounds.  Maybe even more?!  But 220 is a very real and good guess.  I have a documented 217 pounds around when I graduated from my first Masters.  Suffice it to say, as you read this very blog, I'm not THAT far off from that particular weight.

How do I contend to change my lifestyle?

Eating clean and consistently working out.  I'll share my resources and what works for me and doesn't work for me.  Does that mean it will work for you?  Nope!  Does that mean everything will work for me?  Nope!  This is truly a journey to find the healthiest me.

I'll share articles that inspire me, anger me, but always push me forward to try new things and make my way.

Where are the monkey wrenches?  In just a few short weeks, I'll begin student teaching while working 25+ hours a week, and going to school full-time.  I am going to have to budget my time and resources like never before.  So when we talk about busy, I will know busy, so will understand your frustrations and needs in making your lifestyle work for you.  There's always a way when there's a will (as said by somebody or other.)

“Fall seven times.  Stand up eight.” ~ Japanese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment